If you are already thinking about what you want to grow in your garden this season, start out right with organic seeds. Enjoy your Kitchen Gardening with chemical-free Celery Organic Vegetable Seeds.
1 packet contains 70-80 Celery seeds.
Celery is a marshland plant in the family Apiaceae that has been cultivated as a vegetable since antiquity. Celery has a long fibrous stalk tapering into leaves.
||Celeriac ,Shalari, Ajmud.
||up to 45 centimeter.
||Easy to grow.
Planting and care
- Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening
- SunlightKeep the seedlings container in bright sunlight
- Protect the celery seedlings from direct harsh sunlight
- SoilThe soil should be well drained and nutrient rich for celery seedlings
- WateringWater the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture
- Do not overwater the seedlings
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season
- Application of FertilizerDuring the main growing season feed the celery seedlings with organic fertilizer once a month
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the seedlings so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily
- plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged seedlings from container
- DontsDo not overwater the seedlings especially when container does not have drainage holes
- How to Sow Celery Seeds Seed can be sown in the month of October
- Select a container having 3-5 inch diameter
- Fill the container with well-drained soil
- Moisten the surface of the soil with water spray
- Sow the seeds at 2 cm deep in rows and spread a thin layer of soil over it
- Cover the seed tray with a transparent plastic paper
- Place the seed tray in indirect bright light
- Uncover the seedlings once they germinate
- Do not over-water the seedlings to avoid root rot
- Germination rate and viability of celery seed Celery seed Germination rate and viability is up to 70%
- Celery growth rate is medium
||Celery enjoys bright sunlight but appreciates a little shade during the hottest part of the day.
- Water the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
||Nutrient-rich well-draining soil with Optimum PH range 5.8 to 7.
||15 to 30 -degrees celsius.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
- These plants are ready for harvest around 3-4 months after the initial planting.
- Plants are cut just above the ground with the help of sharp knife.
- To store Celery seeds, cut off the seed heads when the plant begins to turn brown and put them in a paper bag.
- Hang the bag until the plant dry and the seeds fall off. You can then store the seeds in sealed containers.
- To store cilantro leaves, you can either freeze or dry them.
- To freeze, put the leaves in a resealable freezer bag and store them in your freezer.
- To dry them, hang the seedlings in a warm place until fully dried, then store the leaves in an airtight bag or container.
- Celery is useful in liver disease
- Use Celery seeds to treat bronchitis andasthma, skin disorders, vomiting, fever
- Note:The following information is general guidelines, Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Celery leaves juice can be taken in combination with a vegetable of your choice
- They are used for seasoning, chopped and used as a garnish but more frequently cooked in soups or sauces to improve the taste