1 packet contain 50 seeds of Carnation Giant Chabaud Mix Colors - Seeds.
Carnations instantly add colour to a garden. Whether you use them in a flowerbed, in a rock garden, in containers or as a border, the many available colour varieties will add ornamental value both indoors and out. Carnations have straight stems and can grow approximately 18 inches tall.
These long-lasting plants have full, big blooms that give off a spicy fragrance that s hard to ignore. Begin by properly starting the seeds indoors. Start the seeds approximately six to eight weeks before the last frost date in your area.
||Carnation, Chabaud Giant Model Mix Carnation
||3 to 5 feet
||in late spring and summer.
Planting and care
- Insects and Diseases: Insect and disease problems are infrequent
- If insect or disease problems occur, treat early with insecticides, repellents, or fungicide
- Supporting Tall Carnations: You need to know ahead how tall each variety will grow in order to provide the right kind of support
- The support should be set in place soon after planting, or as the plants emerge from the ground in the spring, so the stems will remain up
Carnation Giant Chabaud Mixed Color care
- Carnations are grown from seed
- Carnation seeds can be directly seeded into your flower garden, or started indoors for transplanting later
- If planting outdoors, sow them early in the spring
- But, make sure the soil is not too wet
- When sowing seeds, cover lightly with 1/4 inches of fine soil
- Space seeds or seedlings 12" apart
- If you are growing perennials, you can propagate them from cuttings or by division
- Once your plants have been established, they can be propagated by separation in the fall
||Carnations need full sunlight, about 4-5 hours everyday.
||Carnations do not require much water, except in the hot months.You must be careful not to make the soil too wet which can produce yellow foliage.You must spray water on the plants instead of splashing.
||Carnations thrive in fertile, well- drained, slightly alkaline (pH 6.75) soil.
||The optimum temperature for growing Carnations range from 50 - 59Ã‚ °F at daytime and 41- 46Ã‚ °F at night.
||Add a general purpose fertilizer once or twice a month.
Carnation Giant Chabaud Mixed Color uses