Petunias are one of the most popular flowers, often grown as annuals.
The popular flower of the same name derived its epithet from the French, which took the word petun, meaning tobacco, from a Tupiâ€“Guarani language.An annual, most of the varieties seen in gardens are hybrids.Petunias are one of the most popular bedding flowers.
||The plant carry red,pink,yellow,purple and white
||Spring, Summer, Fall
||Easy to grow
Planting and care
- Petunias grow best in full sun, although they will tolerate dappled shade, especially in hot conditions
- They need well-draining, slightly moist soil
- In soggy soils, they become leggy
- Regular deadheading also improves their appearance
- An early and midsummer application of high-phosphorus fertilizer improves both blooms and vigor
Petunia Ultra Star care
- Petunias do best in full sun, but can handle partial shade, especially in hotter areas
||Most varieties prefer full sun
||Water them regularly
||They need well-draining, slightly moist soil.
||The warm area and let them grow on in cooler temperatures
||Fertilize your plants monthly to ensure good growth. Double-flowered cultivars like a biweekly dose of fertilizer.
Petunia Ultra Star special feature
Attracts Birds, Fragrance, Good for Containers, Low Maintenance
Petunia Ultra Star uses
- It is generally kept indoor and in terrace area