Petunia is genus of 35 species of flowering plants of South American origin, closely related to tobacco, cape gooseberries, tomatoes, deadly nightshades, potatoes and chili peppers in the same family, Solanaceae. The popular flower of the same name derived its epithet from the French, which took the word petun, meaning "tobacco," from a Tupi Guarani language. An annual, most of the varieties seen in gardens are hybrids.
The popular flower of the same name derived its epithet from the French, which took the word petun, meaning "tobacco," from a Tupiâ€“Guarani language.An annual, most of the varieties seen in gardens are hybrids.Petunias are one of the most popular bedding flowers.
||4 to 6 inches
||Spring, Summer, Fall
||Easy yo grow
Planting and care
- Petunias grow best in full sun, although they ll tolerate dappled shade, especially in hot conditions
- They need well-draining, slightly moist soil
- In soggy soils, they become leggy
- Regular deadheading also improves their appearance
- An early and midsummer application of high-phosphorus fertilizer improves both blooms and vigor
Petunia Glorious Double Mixed Color care
- Petunias do best in full sun, but can handle partial shade, especially in hotter areas
||Most varieties prefer full sun
||Water them regularly
||They need well-draining, slightly moist soil.
||The warm area and let them grow on in cooler temperatures
||Fertilize your plants monthly to ensure good growth. Double-flowered cultivars like a biweekly dose of fertilizer.
Petunia Glorious Double Mixed Color special feature
Attracts Birds, Fragrance, Good for Containers, Low Maintenance
Petunia Glorious Double Mixed Color uses
- Its generally kep indoorand in terrac area