The crown is with pink to purple. This seed packet contains approximately 35 seeds.
This annual vegetable shows a height up to 1 to 3 inches. The roots are smooth and nearly round with purple color on top.
||Turnip purple top
||Up to 15 inches
||Easy to grow
Planting and care
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered
- Monitor for pests and diseases and apply an organic solution at first
- Mulch heavily in the fall to keep the ground soft
Turnip Purple Top care
- Start in the spring and again in late summer
- Prepare 8 inches bed
- Sow a half an inch to 1 inch deep and half a foot apart
- Press lightly and keep evenly moist
- Seedlings may emerge in 7-14 days
- Sow them when the temperature is 60 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit
||Light, loosened deeply, and free of stones
||18 to 26 degrees C
||Prefer an organic fertilizer.
||For turnip greens, pick 4 weeks after sowing.
Turnip Purple Top special feature
The color of a vegetable
Turnip Purple Top uses
- It contains the good amount of vitamin C
- Young leaves used to make the classic cooked southern greens
- The seedlings are also delicious on top of sandwiches or salads